Public Libraries and other
Save 50% with an Introductory Membership
(includes June, August, September and October issues)
Offer ends 31st July 2019
Library Resourcer Membership
Convenience & Value
$ 195 + GST
- The Book Curator magazine posted 8 x per year, plus special CBCA Awards supplement
- Optional pre-order of Book Week Ideas & Activities publication for $29.95 (RRP $39.95) PLUS online access to downloadable blackline masters.
- Online access to all current and back issues of The Book Curator
- Searchable Database of Reviews
- Easy online (or offline) ordering at member discounted rates
- Order almost any title from overseas on your account*
- Regular special offers on information and fiction titles
- Resource Hunter Service: tell us what paperback or hardback books you need (by title or by subject, genre, age group etc.) and we'll find it for you - from anywhere in the world.
Unlimited personal support
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a preview copy of The Book Curator magazine?
Of course! You can check out the February 2018 issue here.
How can public libraries benefit from The Book Curator?
The Book Curator is a great resource for keeping up to date with a wide range of the latest titles from Australia and overseas. It features books for school aged children from Foundation to Year 12 and offers very detailed reviews - quite different to what you would usually see in a book review. Our reviews are designed for librarians, not for readers. They contain plot summaries and spoilers, so it is the closest you can get to reading the book without actually reading it yourself. This will help you match books to readers, as well as support parents and other caregivers in choosing books for their children.
We have multiple library branches - how many memberships do we need?
Each branch/location of your library will need its own membership, but discounts will apply.
Please contact us for more information.
How many of our staff can access your online services?
Up to five staff within a single location can be given access (please note online access is available to Library Resourcer members only).
How many issues are there per year?
The Book Curator is a 44 page full colour magazine, which includes reviews of more than 40 titles each issue, plus author interviews, articles and useful information of interest to librarians and book lovers.
There are 8 issues per year, plus a CBCA special supplement (providing detailed reviews of all the CBCA Book of the Year notable titles). We also publish the Book Week Ideas and Activities book, which members can purchase at a discounted price.
Our memberships and magazine subscriptions are calendar-year based. They include 8 x issues of The Book Curator magazine, published in February, March, April, May, June, August, September and October, in addition to our CBCA Awards special review supplement, published in April.